Has your building insurance not performed its contractual promise?
We act for individuals and businesses throughout the country to help recover what they are owed.
24/7 National Coverage
Our advisors are on call to help and assist you with any disputed insurance claims that are building related.
High Claim Rate
If your claims warrants further investigation and you have a good chance of succeeding, our network of loss assessors will help you.
We don't charge any fee for looking at your claim and all advice is free until we are successful in a claim on your behalf.
No Win No Fee
Only when we have successfully won your case or added value to an existing settlement offer, will we charge our fee which will be a percentage of the winning amount and agreed with you in advance.
25 Years Experience
With over 25 years of industry experience and a strong trusted network of loss assessors, your disputed buildings claim is in safe hands.
Large Sums Recovered
Whether a business or individual we will fight to get the very best claim that your case is worth. In many cases exceeding our clients expectations.
The Insurance Act 2015
The Insurance Act 2015 states an insurance company can’t reject your claim if you took reasonable care to answer all their questions honestly and to the best of your knowledge.
1. Fill Out The Form
Fill out the online form above giving as much detail about the claim as possible. Include the date, how much you are owed and a brief explanation of what has happened)
2. We call you back within 1 hour
One of our expert advisors will call you back to discuss your claim in more detail. If your enquiry is sent after office hours we will call the next working day. If your claim has merit we will pass your details on to our highly qualified loss assessors.
3. Claim Progression Update
You will be kept informed of your claim progression and if successful will be given the funds into your bank account once the case is settled within 24 hours. All work is provided on a No-Win-No-Fee basis.
Why might your claim be rejected?
There are numerous reasons as to why a claim could be rejected:
- Incorrect information – if you gave wrong information at any stage (for example, about how something got damaged or your claims history), it could affect your claim.
- Lack of due care – for example, leaving a tap running and as a result the bath overflows causing water damage throughout the house.
- Supporting evidence - many claims are declined on the basis of insufficient evidence.
- Out of time – the insurers favourite reason when the policy states your claim must be notified within a certain time limit.
- You didn’t take reasonable care to answer all the questions on the application truthfully and accurately – for example you might not have told your insurers about a previous claim or a County Court Judgement (CCJ)
Our Success Rate % (Based on Claims we processed)
5 Star Reviews
Average Claim value (£)
Good service by The Claims Group. My disputed claim was dealt with quickly and I was kept updated with the progress, despite delays from the insurancer.
Sidcup, South East London. (29th May 2018)
I'd like to say thankyou to the friendly claims team. My claim went through 3 years after my case was closed. I received close to £7,500 3 months after I contacted the claims group.
Greenwich, London (15th May 2018)
A lengthy process that took longer than I thought, but eventually, we came to a settlement that recovered a fair amount of what we were originally owed. Thank you.